Volswagen To Reveal Beetle R Concept in Frankfurt
All right all you Beetle fans...get ready. If you thought the resent redesign of the 2012 Volkswagen was impressive. You're absolutely going to love the Beetle R concept, the German automaker just revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show. It's sportier. It's more indulgent. And, it pushes the more masculine silhouette of the 2012 model about three steps further.
With the renowned "R" Moniker, the Volkswagen Beetle R Concept promises premium performance. In fact, it's reported that as an R, the Beetle could deliver performance on par with the Golf R (270 PS) and Scirocco R (265 PS). Visually, however, it will look like, well... the Volkswagen Beetle R.
Volkswagen Beetle R Features- Wider bumper compared to conventional Beetle, with three air intakes for cooling purposes
- Flat-splitter front spoiler in Black High-Gloss with a chrome strip accent
- Aerodynamic body
- Wider free-standing wings
- Black High-Gloss side sills accented with a high-end chrome strip accent
- Black High-Gloss roof and bootlid
- Black Nappa leather seats
- Black High-Gloss interior accents
- Modern-looking, brushed-aluminum pedal caps
- Electric-blue brake calipers
- Center-mounted tachometer
Does Volkswagen plan to bring the new Beetle R concept to production? That remains to be seen. Regardless, Boston Volkswagen, located in 43 North Beacon Street Watertown, MA 02472, is pretty sure we'll see at least some of the concept's design elements integrated into future models. In the mean time, feel to contact us for details on the new 2012 Volkswagen Beetle currently available at Boston Volkswagen. We're happy to share complete specs, compare models and arrange test drives.