Passat Wagon To Be Offered In Euro-Market
It is easy to see why the Volkswagen Passat has become a popular car for many Americans, offering more options and luxury features than its competitors. Unfortunately, reports that the Euro-market Volkswagen Passat Wagon was seen testing on American soil filled many with false hopes for greater cargo room.
Volkswagen has officially ruled against bringing the Passat wagon to North America. While Boston Volkswagen can empathize with the disappointment this news brings, we can't say we're surprised. The days when wagons were the apple of U.S. drivers' eyes represent a bygone era. Today, Volkswagen is appealing to U.S. consumer demand for taller, beefier vehicles with the Tiguan SUV, Touareg SUV, and Routan minivan. And remember, they haven't discounted the old-school cool of wagons entirely. For families and sports enthusiasts craving a little more room for people and gear, Volkswagen presents the "wagon for people who aren't wagon people...with vroom to spare"1: the Jetta SportWagen.
Jetta SportWagen At a Glance- Laser seam welded body for enhanced safety
- 12-year limited warranty against corrosion
- Exterior signal mirror
- Roof rails - for bikes, luggage, trees...
- Available panoramic sunroof
- RNS 315 touchscreen navigation
- Steering wheel controls
- Media Device Interface with iPod cable
- Touchscreen and satellite radio
- Engines: 170-horsepower (hp), 2.5-liter, 5-cylinder (standard) or 140-hpTDI clean diesel (available)
- Ultra-responsive, super fuel-efficient electromechanical steering system
- Independent suspension
- Six-speed DSG transmission with Triptronic
- Electronic Stability Control
- Anti-Slip Regulation
- Crash-optimized front end
- Intelligent Crash Response System
- Power window pinch protection
To learn more about the Jetta Sportwagen or any other models in our new Volkswagen and used-car lineups, contact Boston Volkswagen at 877-774-2781, today. Or visit us in person. Conveniently located at 43 North Beacon Street Watertown, MA 02472, we're happy to share complete specs, compare models, and arrange test drives.